Monday, October 15, 2012

Ethnography Ideas

My idea for an ethnography at Texas A&M would be to study the Corps of Cadets. I think this would be an interesting study because most students at Texas A&M do not know what life in the corps all entails. I can't say I even know too many corps people personally so it would definitely be a study that is completely new to me. I know they have very strict rules and a busy schedule so it would be interesting to see what that lifestyle is like.

My idea for an ethnography of a group that I am familiar with and think would be an interesting ethnography for another person would be the Texas A&M Football team. I do not know if this is totally a plausible idea (considering access issues), but from being in the locker room and around those guys for my first three years, I think it would be an interesting study. Most of them are not what you think of when you think of college football athlete (although some fit the stereotype very well). It would be interesting to compare the way the media portrays them and how they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment